Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spreading Hate

Last week I had two calls that I really feel were unnecessary. First, let me explain that most credit cards outsource their collections agencies...ours happens to be in India. I understand that sometimes their English is a little hard to understand and sometimes they can be rude (as most collections agencies are) but that is no excuse for the two calls that I received. One guy called in and said he was cancelling his account because he didn't want people "with dots on their heads having his information" because he feared identity theft. We also have people that answer our phones in the Philippines and I had a lady that said she would never shop in Lowe's again because we should only give jobs to Americans. Now, don't get me wrong I am thankful that I have a job, as irritating as it can be. If that is your attitude then you should never shop again! I'm sorry, but that is just plain ignorance. If you don't want someone overseas handling your information then you should never apply for a home loan or do any banking period. The bottom line is...just because someone speaks with an accent doesn't give you the right to be prejudice against them and that is just another form of spreading hate. Not to mention, we have plenty of identity theft happening right here on American soil so don't think you are in any more danger if someone outside of the US has your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment